I’ve been doing some research for my next book “Penny Penguin Wants to Fly.” The first video is cool because of the Adelie; the second video is cool because of the chick’s down. In no particular order, my favorite things from these videos are after the first.
- Emperor penguins abandon their chicks to get the chicks to journey to sea.
- When they leave, chicks can be about a meter tall!
- Emperor penguin chicks lose their down after their first swim.
- The giant petrel can eat penguin chicks. Emperor penguin chicks form a defensive circle.
- The Adelie is the feistiest penguin in the world.
- Black wing tips mean the emperor penguin chicks are ready for their first hunt.
- Emperor penguin chicks will swim for three or four years in the deep ocean before returning to their hatching grounds.
If you want more penguins, order “There Are No Penguins in Alaska” or purchase one of our handmade stuffed penguins. Join our Patreon for penguins, creativity and books.