I grew up with Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood. Growing up with my mom as my only parent, Mister Rogers provided me with a male role model. I rarely live up to the high ideals that Mister Rogers set, But I know that’s okay because I try every day, and it’s the effort and the intention that matter. Here are eight quotes from one of my childhood heroes that will improve your world.
- There are three ways to ultimate success: The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind.
- Imagine what our real neighborhoods would be like if each of us offered, as a matter of course, just one kind word to another person.
- The more you grow into a helpful person yourself, the happier you’ll find this world of ours is.
- Mutual caring relationships require kindness and patience, tolerance, optimism, joy in the other’s achievements, confidence in oneself, and the ability to give without undue thought of gain.
- I hope you’re proud of yourself for the times you’ve said “yes,” when all it meant was extra work for you and was seemingly helpful only to someone else.
- Whether we’re a preschooler or a young teen, a graduating college senior or a retired person, we human beings all want to know that we’re acceptable, that our being alive somehow makes a difference in the lives of others.
- The world needs a sense of worth, and it will achieve it only by its people feeling that they are worthwhile.
- You are a very special person. There is only one like you in the whole world. There’s never been anyone exactly like you before, and there will never be again. Only you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
Go out today knowing that you are special and your kind words and actions can make a difference for the better.
Thank you, Mister Rogers.
Most of the quotes were found at https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/32106.Fred_Rogers
If you want more from Mister Rogers, check out his author page on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2k5IOgG