New Zealand Director Taika Waititi gave a short talk about creativity at TedxDoha. While his talk may seem like rambling, his insights into creativity are priceless – if you can find them. Creativity lies in the combination of seemingly unrelated, or never related before, subjects. It also lies in the absurd. The talk is about 18 minutes. Three highlights are below the video.Continue reading Director Taika Waititi Talks Creativity at TedxDoha
Hey Penguinators, Friends, Family, and Blog Readers,
The month of June is very important to my future success. If you would like to be a part of it, there are five simple things you can do.
- Join my blog’s email notification. (It’s over to the right.) WordPress offers this option for anyone who has a WordPress account, so you’ll need to sign up with them. That ensures that your email isn’t going anywhere else. Alternatively, if you would like to join an actual email list, contact me. I should start one, but I haven’t found a good way to build it, yet.
- Join my Patreon. Even at the lowest level, you get one article a month about creativity, just for you (and all my other Penguinators). Jenya is considering doing a penguin photo a month and putting that in a calendar next year. The digital version would be something that we would give to anyone as well. If you’re coming to my events, Patreon will save you some money at my table!
- Buy my books. They are available on Penguinate.com and on Amazon. If you have Kindle Unlimited, you can also read them there for free.
- Visit my website. Every page view, every reader is important. Visiting my website costs you some time, but hopefully, you’ll gain some information that you really wanted. I focus on creativity, entertainment and travel. In June, there’ll be a lot about what’s going on at different events.
- Spread the word. Sharing is caring. Share a link to my books. Share a blog post you really liked. Share my Patreon page. You can share online with your social media pages and IRL. If you have one of our penguins, we’d love to see his or her adventures.
Of course, this applies to every month, but it’s particularly important to me this month. I hope to see you at one of the events I’ll be attending: Lilac City Comcicon 2019, City Cakes and Café, Ogden UnCon, Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con, and Second Chance Books Author Signing.
Now it’s your turn. What can I do to help you have a successful June? Leave it in the comments.